1. Where appropriate and at the discretion of The Octagon, all work must be suitably framed to a professional standard. The Octagon reserves the right to reject all work that is not properly displayed:* Artwork not professionally displayed (i.e., protected by a frame) cannot be insured against damage while on display.
- NO clip frames, saw-tooth hangers, stapled canvas visible, taped edges, damaged/dirty mat, or wet paint.
- Use of command strips is discouraged, and we cannot insure artwork against damage if hung in this manner. Use of double-stick foam tape and drywall hangers is strictly prohibited.
- All framed conventional work must use Plexiglas or acrylic (not glass), except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 36”.
- All prints on paper must be framed behind glass or plex with a wire attached for hanging that will hold the weight of the piece (no saw-tooth hangers please).
- All prints on canvas must be either on at least 1 inch deep gallery wrap canvas or must be framed. Both must have a wire attached for hanging that will hold the weight of the piece (again, no saw-tooth hangers please). If edges of canvas are not finished, the piece must be framed.
- Fiber pieces must have a hanging system in place.
2. Maximum Size: packages must fit through a 42×83” door (elevator) and weigh no more than 50 lbs.
3. No ceiling mounts or special installation requirements unless agreed to beforehand by the Octagon. Hanging from sprinkler pipes or electrical conduit is strictly prohibited.
4. If pedestals are needed, artists may provide their own pedestals, or must agree to use those provided by The Octagon.
5. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates proper artwork orientation and includes the artist name and artwork title. This information must correspond with the artwork inventory list. Gallery will not be held libel for improperly labeled artwork that results in missing pieces or inaccurate wall tags.
6. All shipped artwork must have detailed unpacking and re-packing instructions, pictures encouraged.
7. Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
8. OVERSIZE WORK, ASSEMBLAGES AND INSTALLATIONS are welcome at the discretion of The Octagon, but must meet all other specifications and and arrive with DETAILED hanging instructions.